terms and conditions
All dogs/pets will be subject to an initial assessment by FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum prior to commencement. This will be in the form of a “meet and greet session” lasting up to 60 minutes with the owner/client and dog/s for “Dog Walking” (includes short walking assessment).
FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum shall perform the services in an attentive, reliable and caring manner, using all reasonable skill and care.
The owner/client agrees to notify FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum immediately if their pet has any unwelcome changes of behavior which could lead to aggression and or injury to themselves or others. FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum reserves the right to refuse any dog /pet deemed in their absolute discretion to be, or have the potential to be, dangerous or disruptive.
It shall be the sole responsibility of the owner/client to ensure that FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum is fully aware of any health issues that your pet is experiencing, or has suffered in the past. FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum cannot be held liable for any actions or omissions which result in problems or complications for anything not disclosed.
In the event of extreme weather which may have an adverse effect on the owner/client’s pet e.g., heat or thunder storms, FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum shall in their sole discretion take whatever action they consider necessary, including adjusting arrangements or not carrying out scheduled exercise until it is, in their opinion, safe to do so.
No booking can be accepted without a completed Registration and Booking Form.
The owner/client agrees that FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged pet equipment. FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum will use best endeavors to make sure that items are treated respectfully and returned to the owner/client where applicable.
The owner/client agrees to take any necessary measures or precautions to ensure that their pet is continuously free of contagious, infectious, or otherwise communicable diseases. The owner/client further agrees to notify FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum immediately of any infectious and/or contagious disease or conditions their dog has been exposed to or is affected by. Such diseases and conditions include, but are not limited to: Distemper, Hepatitis, Kennel Cough, Parvovirus, Corona virus, worms, Lyme disease, Fleas, Pregnancy, Infectious Skin Diseases and Intestinal Parasites and all other contagious diseases for pets in general. FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum reserves the right to refuse until satisfied that the condition is resolved.
If the owner/client pet is taken sick or injured while under the care of FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum they will notify the owner/client at the earliest convenience using whatever method is available to take instructions or guidance. In the event of FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum not being able to contact the owner/client, or in an emergency situation, FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum shall seek out medical attention from a vet.
The owner/client is responsible for the full cost of treatment of any injuries or illness that their pet receives while under the care of FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum, together with any associated costs e.g. call-out charges. The owner/client authorises FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum to seek such veterinary advice and/or treatment as they deem necessary; where possible this will be carried out by the owner/client’s usual/preferred vet, but this cannot be guaranteed (e.g. in an emergency) and the owner/client accepts that FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum may at their discretion to use any registered vet. The owner/client agrees to pay all such costs immediately.
The owner/client consents, if agreement has been signed, to give permission to use photographs and or videos of their pet for FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum to use on their social media and website.
HOME BOARDING AND DAY CARE
These terms and conditions apply to the contract between FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum and the Owner/client to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions
No dogs registered under the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 and no hybrids registered under the Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976 can be boarded.
The Owner/clients Undertaking:
The Owner/client hereby agrees and undertakes with, and warrants to FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum:
That their pets have not been exposed to rabies or distemper within the period of 30 days prior to this agreement and have been inoculated against distemper, hepatitis, leptospirosis, parainfluenza, Bordetella (kennel cough), parvovirus and such inoculations remain effective for the duration of the period the pets are with us. A current vaccination certificate must be brought at the meet and greet or boarding drop along off or pick up otherwise we cannot accept your pets. Titre tests will not be accepted. Dogs must be appropriately treated for external and internal parasites, details of treatment administered is to be provided, along with dates of treatment.
- Any dog showing signs of a potentially contagious disease/illness, including kennel cough and stomach upsets, at drop off will be refused boarding.
- To declare any history of veterinary or behavioral problems that could reoccur whilst boarding and draw attention to any problems your pets may have – the more information we have the more settled they will be.
- That there are no other material facts which have not been disclosed to FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum and which, if disclosed, might reasonably be expected to affect the decision of FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum to enter into this agreement.
- That FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum may engage the services of a veterinary surgeon and authorize said veterinary surgeon to carry out any such treatment as required to treat the Owner/clients pets. If your own veterinary surgeon is within a reasonable traveling distance we will endeavor to contact them, however we reserve the right to consult our own veterinary surgeon if this is not possible. Every reasonable attempt will be made to contact the Owner/client prior to such treatment and all costs will be recoverable from the Owner/client.
- The Owner/client will indemnify FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum against all costs, claims and damages arising (either directly or indirectly) from any act by the Owner/clients pets whilst in our care, including damage to carpets and furnishings by defecation or chewing.
- Aggressive behavior towards any animal or human will not be tolerated and alternative boarding arrangements will be made and all costs incurred will be recoverable from the Owner/client. The Owner/client will indemnify FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum against all costs, claims and damages arising (either directly or indirectly) from any act by the Owner/clients pets whilst in our care.
- The Owner/client will collect their pets promptly at the ending of the boarding period and, at that time, pay any outstanding charges incurred during the boarding period.
- All pets should arrive with their own bedding and food for the duration of their stay.
- Any breach by the Owner/client of the undertakings/warranties contained in this agreement shall entitle FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum to place the Owner/clients pets in boarding kennels at the Owner/clients expense.
FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum’s Undertaking:
FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum hereby undertakes with the Owner/client to take reasonable care of the Owner/clients pets during the period of boarding or day care on our premises.
- FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum is insured in accordance with the terms and conditions of its insurance policy. It will not accept any liability for loss, injury or the death of an Owner/clients pets unless (and only to the extent that) such loss, injury or death is recoverable under the terms of our insurance policy.
- To make immediate contact with the Owner/client, or the Owner/client’s nominated emergency contact, in the event of any problems associated with your pets stay with us. If the nominated emergency contact cannot be reached or refuses to collect the dog, FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum reserves the right to seek suitable alternative accommodation at the Owner/clients expense.
- FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum will, with Owner/client’s consent, administer liquid or solid oral medication should this be required during the boarding period. Injected medication will not be administered.
- In the unlikely event of your pet dying whilst in the care of FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum, it is our policy to store your pets remains in cold storage at a local veterinary centre until your return. This cost will be incurred by the Owner/client.
Charges and Payment:
Costs are charged per night, per pet boarding. Current nightly charges will be provided on enquiry. Nightly charge equates to a 24-hour period. An additional day care charge may apply in circumstances when the 24 hours is exceeded. Day care charges relate to a maximum 8-hour period.
No dogs registered under the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 and no hybrids registered under the Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976 can be given day care.
Puppies that have not completed their inoculations can not be boarded
- A premium rate of nightly charge plus 20% will be applied to all bookings during the Christmas and New Year period (applicable dates upon application).
- Deposit: A 25% non-refundable deposit will be required for all bookings taken. A 50% non-refundable deposit will be applied to all bookings taken where the premium rate applies. The balance is to be paid at drop off.
For bookings confirmed within 7 days of the boarding period, the full balance is payable at the time of booking.
No dogs registered under the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 and no hybrids registered under the Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976 can be given day care.
Puppies that have not completed their inoculations must not be boarded
- Day care is classed as the period between 8am and 6pm
- A premium rate of day care charge plus 20% will be applied to all bookings during the Christmas and New Year period (applicable dates upon application).
- Cancellations: Cancellation of a confirmed regular day care space is subject to 28 days’ notice.
- Non-Attendance: If your dog does not attend their regular day care space for whatever reason, payment is still due in order to hold the space. In the case of non-payment FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum cannot guarantee the space will still be available upon your planned return.
Owner/clients expressly waive and relinquish any claims against FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum except those arising from negligence on the part of FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum
- It is agreed that the Owner/client will be liable for any damage to property or possessions of FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum caused by their dog, which should be covered the Owner/clients own insurance.
- In accordance with the Control of Dogs Act 1992, all dogs will be provided with an ID tag bearing the name, address and telephone number of FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum which must be worn for the duration of the boarding period
- The Owner/client gives permission for any media footage of their pet taken by FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum to be used on social media, the official FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum website and any other literature deemed appropriate by FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum for no charge.
- If you do NOT wish to consent to this please notify FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum in writing at the time of booking.
Owner/client’s failure to collect at all:
In the event of failure by the Owner/client to collect their pets from FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum on the due date unless an extension has been mutually agreed, we reserve the right to re-home the Owner/clients pet by any reasonable means.
The Owner/client agrees to ensure their dog has not eaten in the hour before pick up by FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum to ensure sufficient time to digest food before any exercise or play. Failure to do so may result in the potentially life-threatening condition Bloat (Gastric Torsion). Please take this seriously.
No dogs registered under the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 and no hybrids registered under the Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976 can be walked.
The owner/client agrees that, in by signing the booking form, FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum has relied on the owner/client’s representation that their dog is in good health and has not harmed or shown aggression or threatening behavior towards any person, livestock and pets.
FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum offer services including but not limited to solo walks, pet visits, pet taxi and group walks. This is where dogs co-mingle in groups and the owner/client accepts that during the course of normal dog play their dog may sustain injuries. All dog play is carefully monitored to avoid injury, but scratches, punctures, torn ligaments, or other injuries may occur despite the best supervision.
FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum will only let dogs off the lead once an ‘off the lead consent’ has been signed, and will remain at the discretion of FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum once they feel it is safe and appropriate to do so.
The owner/client is solely responsible for any and all harm or damage caused by their dog while it is under the care of FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum, or is using any other services provided by FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum, and agrees to indemnify FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum in full against any liability arising from such harm or damage to third parties.
FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum shall follow instruction given on the Registration Form but cannot be held liable for any complications which may arise. All dogs being exercised must be fully vaccinated and on a regular flea and worm control regime. In the event of a pet having a contagious illness or disease which has not been disclosed, the owner/client may be liable for the costs of treatment given to other animals which become infected.
The owner/client accepts that even though there has been treatment against Kennel Cough there is a chance that their dog can still contract Kennel Cough. The owner/client agrees that they will not hold FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum responsible if their dog contracts Kennel Cough while with FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum
Pregnant, or dogs in season may not attend FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum “group walks” and will be kept on the lead on “solo walks”. Unneutered males can be walked but must also be kept on the on the lead on a solo walk.
FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum will dispose of the owner/client’s pet(s) waste; however, the owner/client shall ensure there is an appropriate supply of bags for that purpose, and indicate their preferred method/location of disposal. The owner/client shall provide sufficient provisions for their pet(s) for the duration of the service.
FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum shall clean up after the owner/client’s pets to the best of their ability. The owner/client shall make available cleaning materials in the event of any pet ‘mistakes’ within their property.
The owner/client shall show FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum the location of appropriate cleaning materials, example: plastic bags, disposable gloves, towels, disinfectant, paper towels and bin bags. FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum cannot be held liable or responsible for any stains, marks or damages caused by your or attempts to clean it.
FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum are fully insured as a Pet Taxi service. This is a taxi service for the owner/clients pet only. FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum will ensure that your pet is transported safely using relevant harness / cage/ cat box etc. FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum are not licenced to carry or human passengers.
Any damage to the property or possessions of the owner/client in their absence, caused by the owner/client’s pet shall be reported to the owner/client at the earliest opportunity.
Where it is necessary for FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum to hold keys to a property, the owner/client shall provide one of each key needed. Keys will be coded and kept secure. Keys will be returned upon completion of this agreement providing all fees due have been paid.
The owner/client agrees that, by signing the key holder agreement this will safeguard FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum in full against any liability arising from loss or damage to the property or its contents, in present and future circumstances.
The owner/client shall advise FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum of anyone who will have access to their property during any periods of the owner/client’s absence, e.g., cleaning services, maintenance personnel, friends, family and neighbours. FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum shall not be liable for other persons or their actions or omissions who will be in, or have access to the owner/client’s property before, during or after services have been rendered.
FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum may have a spouse, family member or friend accompany them whilst providing the scheduled services. No costs will be applied to the owner/client’s account for any assistance the companion provides. The owner/client will be advised in advance by FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum if a companion attends, all companions will be subjected to whatever checks FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum considers necessary or appropriate.
It shall be the owner/client’s sole responsibility to ensure the information provided is current and up to date, the owner/client agrees to accept any decision made by FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum in the event of not being able to contact the owner/client as a result of wrong information held.
FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum are fully insured including Public Liability Insurance relative to the services performed for the owner/client. It is agreed by the Parties that it is the owner/client’s responsibility to ensure that the property, its contents and pets are adequately insured throughout the duration of the agreement.
The owner/client is advised to check to see if their insurance provider need informing that someone will have access to the owner/client’s property whilst they are away from the property.
The owner/client agrees to pay FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum by cash or by bank transfer. Bank details are on the registration form and invoice.
All charges are payable immediately upon booking. However, ongoing bookings are payable in advance monthly. FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum will issue invoices / statements for the owner/client upon request
FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum will charge the owner/client for the Services as quoted in the Booking Form (the “Fees”) and agrees to pay promptly when they fall due. The owner/client agrees to reimburse FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum for any additional fees for providing emergency care, as well as any expenses incurred for, without limitation, unexpected visits, transportation, housing, food or supplies on proof of a valid receipt.
The owner/client shall pay the FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum for all fees, expenses and charges incurred up to the date of termination of this Agreement.
Neither party shall be liable in damages or have the right to terminate this Agreement for any delay or default in performing its obligations under this Agreement caused by conditions beyond its control including but not limited to acts of God, war, strikes, fires, floods, governmental restrictions or power failures. The Party (the “Affected Party”) prevented from carrying out its obligations shall give notice to the other Party of an Event of Force Majeure upon it being foreseen by, or becoming known to, the Affected Party.
This Agreement can be terminated by either Party serving not less than  days written notice on the other Party; FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum, by written notice to the owner/client with immediate effect, in the event that any fees or charges owed by the owner/client to the FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum remain outstanding for 28 days.
Any notice required to be served under this Agreement shall be in writing and shall be served by hand, post or electronic mail.
Notices shall be deemed served: upon delivery, when delivered by hand, upon accepting delivery by signed receipt post/courier, when delivered by using a ‘signed for upon delivery’ postal service or courier immediately following transmission, if by electronic mail provided the sender does a read receipt and delivery confirmation.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
Each of the parties to this Agreement irrevocably agrees that the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear and decide any suit, action or proceedings, and/or to settle any disputes, which may arise out of or in connection with this Agreement or its formation or validity and, for these purposes, each party irrevocably submits to the jurisdiction of the courts of England.
Any Forbearance, tolerance or delay in either party enforcing its contractual or legal rights shall not prejudice, restrict or prevent the right of the injured party to enforce its rights at a later date or later breach
No variation of these Terms and Conditions will have effect unless confirmed by FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum in writing. We may revise this disclaimer from time-to-time. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
Introduction This disclaimer governs your use of our website; by using our website, FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum you accept this disclaimer in full. If you disagree with any part of this disclaimer, please do not use our website.
Intellectual property rights Unless otherwise stated, we own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the licence below, all our intellectual property rights are reserved.
Licence to use the website You may view, download for caching purposes only, provided that: (a) you must not republish material from this website (including duplicating on to another website), or reproduce or store material from this website in any public or private electronic retrieval system without the express permission of (a) FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum (b) you must not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, or otherwise exploit our website or material on our website for a commercial purpose, unless given express permission of FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum in writing. (c) you must not edit or modify any material on our website.
Limitations of liability: The information on this website is provided free-of-charge, and you acknowledge that it would be unreasonable to hold us liable in respect of this website and the information on this website. Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we not commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on this website is kept up-to-date. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions (including, without limitation, the conditions implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill). Our liability is limited and excluded to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law. We will not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage arising under this disclaimer or in connection with our website, whether arising in tort, contract, or otherwise – including, without limitation, any loss of profit, contracts, business, goodwill, data, income, revenue or anticipated savings. However, nothing in this disclaimer shall exclude or limit our liability for fraud, for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or for any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Entire agreement: This disclaimer constitutes the entire agreement between the owner/client and FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum in relation to your use of our website, and supersedes all previous agreements in respect of your use of this website.By signing the Registration Form you are agreeing to FCC Ltd t/a Diamond Dogs of Dacorum Terms and Conditions.
What to expect
Tired, Happy and Content dogs.